• Yes, the tax should be decreased.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Yes, both should be added.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No, the tax doesn't need to decrease.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Agent40

As of right now, I feel as if the rank tax is way too high. A lot of the higher ranked players are already complaining that it takes way too long to rankup and I am starting to feel the same way as I'm about to enter prestige 6. From experience, it took Derpy/Wantcorn 10 hours to rank up 4 times at prestige 7 (ranking up higher ranks with 20-40 players on) is kinda rough as it is and I don't think it should be that high. To fix this I'd suggest either lowering the tax gain to 2.5% (from 5%) or add a cap that maxes out the tax at 50%. Both of these could also be added side by side but I believe if the rank tax is lowered to 2.5% then there shouldn't be a need. If you have any other suggestions in terms of % though, make sure you note them.

Last edited:
With over 1 day 1 hour playtime in the playathon, I have ranked up 18 times. This sounds like kind of a lot but this is with a constant at least 20 players and boosters on almost all the time. I'm sure other people like @Whalebit agree the tax is starting to ruin the game for us and makes us much more unmotivated to play. I love the idea of tax and I think it is good but with the changes to max 40 cookies from ranks, a wall has been created around the rank 8 mark that it is starting to cost around 1.5k cookies for little gear improvement. If it increased slower we would be able to get perks that make surviving at lower ranks better but with the tax still taking effect.

npeters96

Head Builder
I am just going to leave this figure here for peeps to discuss.
Screen_Shot_2020-01-22_at_1.00.32_PM.png

Keldricc

Created a forums account to say that you're an Australian so stop pretending you can facilitate discussion by creating forum threads.

Opower

I 100% agree. Even at prestige 6 it is starting to feel kinda unmotivating. I think that if the tax is lowered to 2.5% that caps at 50% makes sense, however we may run into a similar problem once we get to higher prestige, so maybe capping at a lower percentage? Not sure but I look forward to seeing other opinions on this.

Duder

Here is my opinion, I do not think a cap should be added, but have a 1-2% tax added upon prestige. This would make it so that by the time you're getting the last half of the perks, it is still taking a much longer time to prestige rather than the same time. I personally would like a much reduced tax with no cap because once someone has all the perks, it becomes a pissing contest to see who can get the highest prestige. With no cap, a prestige 50 is monumentally more impressive than a prestige in the triple digits. It would also make the color changes to the prestige icons more elite at the higher prestiges.

TeamPurple

from my understanding of the game right now its currently 28 prestiges to get every perk max tiered unlocked. 2.0 before the addition of master prestige was 22. I reached prestige 28 before master prestiges where implemented and they were implemented to slow the progression of prestiging and capping everything. this is also when infected got less cookies for kills and no donor bonus. I would now like to add that on 2.0 prestiging without firesale was 48800 cookies and with like 40040. right now if u were a player who never purchased firesale on 2.0 it will be prestige 23 which both would be equal in cookies. with firesale it would be approximately prestige 11 and typically no one rushed firesale until after at least prestige 5 it is more likely to be around prestige 15 where it becomes equal. i personally dont think there should be a % increase cap but a rank cost cap so none exceed prestige cost and for that i propose. rank cost cap = 5000-(100*(20-rank) so essientally getting 19-20 caps at 4900 there will be some maths attached to this and essientally at prestige 30 you will have saved just under 200 thousand cookies which equates to like 2 2/3 prestiges. also this game is meant to be grindy and with whales cookie gain compared ot uptime he will be max prestige with 2 months 1wk gametime for prestige 28 (prestige 30 with my idea)and lets say the server stays open for 1 year that means 1600 hours in that year u need to play then 800 for 2 years 533 for 3years 400 for 4 etc etc. my point is that if this server is planned to last as long as project mayhem 1hr a day over 4 years is reasonable as with a planned battle pass that is basically what you will require to get tier 50 each pass (if u do all the missions within the time online). capping at 50 isnt going to be good and capping at 2.5 is way to minimal in my opinion. especially if the goal is to get new players and for them to be able to gain prestiges quicker so the power gap isnt as large

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Rockin

Why is everyone complaining? Prestiging costed 48,800 on PM??? Like purple said, you'll reach prestige 23 at the same pace as you did on PM, only then will it start taking longer, which is basically all the survivor perks.

Duder

Why is everyone complaining? Prestiging costed 48,800 on PM??? Like purple said, you'll reach prestige 23 at the same pace as you did on PM, only then will it start taking longer, which is basically all the survivor perks.

Is that factoring in that tanking was a lot more rewarding with perks such as firemind for crowd control,jugg working with iron chestplate and kevlar for reduced damage, riot shield to break combos, companions for buffs, and SOH for faster paced gameplay? How about for all the double cookie weekends and events with cookie and eclipse boosters and even old cookie and eclipse boosters on top of that? The cookie gain was much faster on PM compared to now, and even the perks on this server are not as gamechanging as on PM. Having a valuable set of perks on here means getting 10-20 prestiges, whereas on PM you can acquire powerful perks by prestige 5. This server's cookie gain rate is slower than on PM and the rewards for prestiging is maybe getting a decent perk at best to gain 1-2 kills.

However, by the time PM ended, many players had all these perks unlocked that altered gameplay vastly, and this server is a harsh reality check of what its like to be a new player joining. Some people, including myself, miss the familiarity of having so many perks unlocked and at my disposal that the overall grind to get to that point would take seemingly forever. Not to mention, some of the most powerful perks from PM were either reworked or removed for this server, giving me the perception that the grind is not really satisfying in the end.

Is that factoring in that tanking was a lot more rewarding with perks such as firemind for crowd control,jugg working with iron chestplate and kevlar for reduced damage, riot shield to break combos, companions for buffs, and SOH for faster paced gameplay? How about for all the double cookie weekends and events with cookie and eclipse boosters and even old cookie and eclipse boosters on top of that? The cookie gain was much faster on PM compared to now, and even the perks on this server are not as gamechanging as on PM. Having a valuable set of perks on here means getting 10-20 prestiges, whereas on PM you can acquire powerful perks by prestige 5. This server's cookie gain rate is slower than on PM and the rewards for prestiging is maybe getting a decent perk at best to gain 1-2 kills.

However, by the time PM ended, many players had all these perks unlocked that altered gameplay vastly, and this server is a harsh reality check of what its like to be a new player joining. Some people, including myself, miss the familiarity of having so many perks unlocked and at my disposal that the overall grind to get to that point would take seemingly forever. Not to mention, some of the most powerful perks from PM were either reworked or removed for this server, giving me the perception that the grind is not really satisfying in the end.
There also was no cap on cookies given out by ranks at the end. This means at the start of PM there were a lot of people giving more cookies for ranks.

Last edited:

TeamPurple

The game feels

There also was no cap on cookies given out by ranks at the end. This means at the start of PM there were a lot of people giving more cookies for ranks.

donor bonus was added after master prestige in 2.0 cookie gain may have been easier but in the end that was why master Prestiges had to be added.as duder said harsh reality check for new players. If the cap is decreased even though the perks are weaker new players are going to join and feel the gap and if we want players to stay they got to feel like they have a chance. I do agree however that the perks feel lacklustre and would like to see some new ones that make me want to grind for them.

Rockin

I don't agree that faster cookie gain should compensate weak perks. As far as I know, mods are pushing for more perks.

Yes, cookie gains were faster on PM, but it also took 48 (I believe) prestiges to max perks. I mean, you're still getting so many cookies that exist outside the base game (votes, parkour, 40 cookies a game from donor ranks???).

And did you factor how tremendously weaker infected are now? They lost almost all their perks, their whole progression system and a lot of diversity in playstyles but survivors' current perks are unmotivating? IMO buff enderman dmg, add just a couple more zperks and add, even if just a slight progression system, before bringing those survivor perks back. And if maxing perks is too high of a prestige then, add a cap on how expensive a single rank can be, but I personally think a 5% increase and cookie gains are fine.

Edit: One more thing, regular double cookie weekends was a terrible idea. It pushed players away from playing when it wasn't on

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
@YellowTehMinerz and I were talking with a few others in discord and he brought up the point that the time it takes to rank up across ALL the ranks are increased. On PM, we had 25 ranks, and the last 5 ranks accounted for the rest of the cookies you needed to prestige, making the total 48,800. We spread out 16250 cookies across those last 5 ranks, ranks where you had gear. Now, all the ranks, including the low ranks, are spread out. When the tax reaches the amount that it is about 48,800, that prestige will feel far more difficult to get through than a normal prestige on PM simply because you have less gear for more time.

My stance on that is it is a different perspective I didn't even consider. We kind of are looking at it as a black and white "Oh yeah its more cookies on PM, we didn't complain then" but we aren't addressing that it will definitely feel worse to play with here. Also we all seem to be ignoring the point that chaos was ridiculous on PM for giving ranks. 300 chaos from the parkour? Leading to at least 3500 cookies every week for doing nothing?

I also think its important to mention that this is nowhere near as grindy as Super-Gaming was, but lets also ask is the game being overly grindy best for the servers growth? What would more players find interesting, getting perks quicker or having to grind out and get satisfied when they hit that prestige? For reference, it took my 30 days to barely get 8 prestiges on Super-Gaming.

I'm keeping myself neutral on my standpoint here as to not influence any discussions, I just wanted to point out some observations to help further the conversation.

Keldricc

Arjun Patel you can't just assume there were people out there that dedicated hours out of their preschool lives to do the PM parkour

I think we should keep the tax, as tax money is what keeps the server afloat

Rockin

Arjun Patel you can't just assume there were people out there that dedicated hours out of their preschool lives to do the PM parkour

I think we should keep the tax, as tax money is what keeps the server afloat
I didn't do it once lol

Mew

out of curiosity, would there be any partial/full refund of cookies spent due to the inflated rank tax? I don't expect the answer to be yes ofc, but still wanna know lol

overall I like this idea mainly because people that play casually a la myself don't have the time to grind out several hours a day for cookies, meaning the tax is really punishing. I like it in concept because it helps slow leveling, but it appears to hit too hard too soon given what the higher prestige players are saying