Starting New Players at Rank 10

Starting new players at rank 10

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
The idea about starting new players at rank 10 was suggested before in the past, but I just wanted to make a forum thread about this in order to get more thoughts from the community. I believe that starting new players at rank 10 offers so many pros and little to no cons. Some pros being that players will learn more about the game mechanics instantly such as using food, grenades, and the overall ranking up system. In addition, newer players will feel less targeted, survive longer and overall enjoy the server more. However, I do see the counterargument to this which is they won't learn and fully experience what it's like to be at a lower rank, but personally I feel like whether you're rank 1-5 or rank 10, you'll still do the same thing, which is camping. So it won't really change the game experience for newer players but instead, they will have a crutch in order to help them understand the game and how it's supposed to be played. If you have any thoughts or opinions on the topic, please comment below. Thank you. :)

Rod337

There definitely needs to be something done about new players leaving. I don't know the metrics, but back when I played mci I tried to get my friends into it but they would all just die immediately and get bored. Playing as a level 1 zombie for most of the round isn't objectively boring, but I think most would agree it is.

Jimmequa

This would be a very good thing to add to the server. Not only will new players be less targeted they will also have more fun, because they can survive longer and get a higher scorestreak. Those two points and a lot more makes the game more fun and makes them stay. If we keep it so when new players join they start at rank 1 they will leave I have spectated new players they get targetted, survive for a very short time and die constantly.

Irum

Or make first prestige ranks way cheaper to go through, then just put like 20% tax on pres 1 because from there people understand the game. From my personal experience giving things to people won't make them feel good. If you feel like you did something for it then it gives the feeling of accomplishment, even if it turns out it wasn't much.

Jimmequa

Or make first prestige ranks way cheaper to go through, then just put like 20% tax on pres 1 because from there people understand the game. From my personal experience giving things to people won't make them feel good. If you feel like you did something for it then it gives the feeling of accomplishment, even if it turns out it wasn't much.
I don't think that will work, new players mostly leave in the first 10 games (if it isn't 3 or less). I could even argue that they should start with rank 13/14 so they get the satisfaction of a rankup to a higher gear and stay while not being targetted. They leave cause they get targetted tha'ts why we want them to start at rank 10 or higher.

Irum

I don't think that will work, new players mostly leave in the first 10 games (if it isn't 3 or less). I could even argue that they should start with rank 13/14 so they get the satisfaction of a rankup to a higher gear and stay while not being targetted. They leave cause they get targetted tha'ts why we want them to start at rank 10 or higher.
Currently they get access to 1 day vip after referring someone. Maybe they can start out with /sneak through first prestige because I think that's the main reason they are being focused.

Actually, this is a bold statement but I think giving everyone access to /sneak would be something to consider. I know people purchasing vip rank for /sneak is a relatively steady money flow but with a new battlepass every 60 days that could easily balance out.

Rockin

Instead of this I suggest giving them a kind of tutorial with easy challenges with high cookie rewards. Something like "Win as zombie or survivor" or "Hit a zombie 3 times" or "Eat food 3 times."

Preferably putting messages on their screen every game until they finish the challenge so they know.

Irum

Instead of this I suggest giving them a kind of tutorial with easy challenges with high cookie rewards. Something like "Win as zombie or survivor" or "Hit a zombie 3 times" or "Eat food 3 times."

Preferably putting messages on their screen every game until they finish the challenge so they know.
Or force them through a NPC storyline as a tutorial with those sort of challenges. They get the book now but I think no one reads it, some of them still have it in their hotbar at rank 4-5.