Iron Sword for Scorestreaks

Would you guys like to see this change implemented?NOTE:Once you vote, you cannot change the answer

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Piglord

My idea for implementing an iron sword for lower ranks is quite weird but stay with me here. My idea consists of a player, rank 14 or lower in which the player is granted an iron sword once they reach a 15 or 20 killstreak. This is basically the same idea of the diamond sword, but for lower ranks. I don't think this would be too broken as it isn't that easy to get a 15ss-20ss as a rank 14 or lower, at least in my experience, and I think it would be a fun addition to the scorestreak system. If the player manages to additionally get to a 25 killstreak, they would then be granted a diamond sword. I'm open to any suggestions or ideas.

lexplo

Yeah id like that because its a good challenge cus with 2 or 3 apples thats hard, maybe it could be a chance to get it too

Piglord

This would also encourage people, not to commander tank, and to buy jug.
I just see many benefits that could come with this

Brejas

I think this is a good change, as it is not easy to get that high ss at lower ranks but might make ranks 15-18 with jugg even stronger

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
This may just be me who's thinking it, but would it have the affect you're looking for? It feels like only the old players, who have a lot of perks, would be able to get those types of scorestreaks. I personally don't see any newer players getting those scorestreaks. The only people who stand to benefit are longstanding players, who are already really strong as is. There are definitely alternatives that could work. Tryna spark a discussion and make y'all brainstorm on how to incentivize tanking instead of hiding. Or, if you think the other way, you should voice your opposition to a change like this. Its a split issue on what people prefer doing, tanking and hiding.

I guess what I'm asking is what direction you think the game should take. I want to keep it relevant to this thread, so try and make sure you bring it back to the iron sword idea, but I also have another thread here that you can voice other thoughts and ideas in.

Last edited:

Brejas

I think this change will make it more possible and more rewarding to tank at lower ranks being 10-18, I think this would be helpfull as i personally find ranks 1-9 very boring as I really hate hiding every game, I prefer tanking a lot more

Piglord

This may just be me who's thinking it, but would it have the affect you're looking for? It feels like only the old players, who have a lot of perks, would be able to get those types of scorestreaks. I personally don't see any newer players getting those scorestreaks. The only people who stand to benefit are longstanding players, who are already really strong as is. There are definitely alternatives that could work. Tryna spark a discussion and make y'all brainstorm on how to incentivize tanking instead of hiding. Or, if you think the other way, you should voice your opposition to a change like this. Its a split issue on what people prefer doing, tanking and hiding.

I guess what I'm asking is what direction you think the game should take. I want to keep it relevant to this thread, so try and make sure you bring it back to the iron sword idea, but I also have another thread here that you can voice other thoughts and ideas in.

Personally I feel like if this was added It would motivate me to play the game more and actually prestige, as its a goal that actually isn't as easy as it sounds that one can work towards. Especially if there's a mission or hat added for it, people will want to go for it. Additionally, commander camping can get repetitive at times, and personally, I would be willing to tank at rank 10-14 and die early game just to try and get the sword. Therefore, the older players won't mainly be hiding, rather tanking and trying to get the iron sword. Maybe even camping the ranks to do so.