Commander Cookie Cap

Urgal

I've been seeing a huge surge in Little Baby Coomer Commander Campers lately... And it's been really bad! It's not like they're just camping out an innocent 10k or maybe even pushing the envelope at like 20k cookies... No alot of them have been camping out anywhere from 60-100k cookies. Only to get like 3k cookies in return from all the mystery boxes they open at the end of it all. Not only is this massively degenerate but It also just completely ruins the fun of the game for any of the newer players and people who properly prestige and play the game correctly. I seen far too many new players quit the game very quickly complaining about how too many people have full Iron. We should add a maximum capacity to the ammount of cookies a Commander can reach like 10k or something to prevent this camping epedemic.

BritishBear

IMO i don't see why the cap should be any more than 5k, the cost to actually prestige. I've never really been a huge fan of commander camping for the purpose of getting an extreme amount of cookies, to then gamble them for your next prestige to just skip the starter ranks. In my eyes it defeats the entire purpose of a ranking system with 20 entirely unique ranks if you can just effectively transfer cookies from one prestige to the next. I know this "cheat", if you would, has always been available ever since Super Gaming, but it doesn't make sense at all. You should have the choice to prestige when you like, in lobby, in game, whenever, but you shouldn't be able to amount thousands upon thousands of extra cookies to buy chests and skip the first several ranks of your next prestige. Plus, if you've ever tried killing someone who's done this prestige trick on an even semi extreme scale you'll see there's no point in even trying to kill the human due to the sheer amount of food they get from chests, which just makes the round really un-enjoyable.

You'd probably find adding a low cookie cap of sorts (though i can probably guarantee a large number of this community would completely despise the idea of there ever being a cookie cap), would most likely result in a far fewer amount of commanders, which may level the playing field a little more, especially for newer people.

Last edited:

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
The one thing I feel we are overlooking when having this conversation is the exact motive for commander camping. You guys are making the assumption that people are doing it to save up cookies to get return later on in the next prestige, but I think a lot of people do it because they enjoy being commander and want to have good rounds tanking. If there was a cap, wouldn't people just save up to 10k, drop the 10k for a good tanking round, and repeat that process if their motives were to just enjoy peak gameplay?

A lot of players don't like the grind of ranking up and much prefer staying at commander and playing at the most fun part of it, and I'm pretty sure those players who tank often like that are said players the new players refer to. I may misunderstand this entirely, but I personally commander camped this prestige and didn't even want to save up, I just wanted to tank and have fun, and I feel like a lot of people do feel the same way about it. I would wait for about 2k cookies, buy some chests, get around 30-50ss every couple rounds, and have a lot of fun.

Am I at all defending it? No, I never even stated my own stance on it. I just want you guys to consider the idea that people might still commander camp, but just buy 10k cookies every time they get the chance rather than prestiging.

I want to hear what you guys think about this perspective, too. A lot of people I have talked to have felt this in some way. I think it would be true it would reduce the amount of commanders on the server, but would it fix the issue of new players not being able to beat the full irons that end up going on rampages when tanking? It may not be entirely a number issue when it comes to commanders but also a gap in abilities, too. As previously stated my opinion is completely separate from this comment, I just thought it was something worth considering because I just finished commander camping in a way that makes the cap not even effect me.

Product

The one thing I feel we are overlooking when having this conversation is the exact motive for commander camping. You guys are making the assumption that people are doing it to save up cookies to get return later on in the next prestige, but I think a lot of people do it because they enjoy being commander and want to have good rounds tanking. If there was a cap, wouldn't people just save up to 10k, drop the 10k for a good tanking round, and repeat that process if their motives were to just enjoy peak gameplay?

A lot of players don't like the grind of ranking up and much prefer staying at commander and playing at the most fun part of it, and I'm pretty sure those players who tank often like that are said players the new players refer to. I may misunderstand this entirely, but I personally commander camped this prestige and didn't even want to save up, I just wanted to tank and have fun, and I feel like a lot of people do feel the same way about it. I would wait for about 2k cookies, buy some chests, get around 30-50ss every couple rounds, and have a lot of fun.

Am I at all defending it? No, I never even stated my own stance on it. I just want you guys to consider the idea that people might still commander camp, but just buy 10k cookies every time they get the chance rather than prestiging.

I want to hear what you guys think about this perspective, too. A lot of people I have talked to have felt this in some way. I think it would be true it would reduce the amount of commanders on the server, but would it fix the issue of new players not being able to beat the full irons that end up going on rampages when tanking? It may not be entirely a number issue when it comes to commanders but also a gap in abilities, too. As previously stated my opinion is completely separate from this comment, I just thought it was something worth considering because I just finished commander camping in a way that makes the cap not even effect me.
There needs to be a way to stop people from commander camping, because it is a problem. It completely ruins the flow of them game when 70% of the survivors are still alive when there is only 30 seconds left of the game

Plxz

In my opinion there should be another kit that has a slight increase in damage to commanders e.g., Blaze fireball adds 1 tick to commanders.

Pokemaniac

To me, at this point it feels like the purpose of commander camping has become to see who can outdo the new highest scorestreak that gets set. I can understand saving up a couple thousand cookies to have some extra food/grenades for your prestige round, with the possibility of some cookies, but there is no need to be saving up 20k+ cookies.

I know that there is no good solution, and anything changed will likely have 50/50 mixed opinions on this topic, but another thing that could be done is to put a cap on the number of chests that can be bought in a round. Commander or not, you should win on your own merit instead of the hundreds of foodstuffs and grenades from mystery chests.

Erupture

I think it is fine now. The commander tax is already a beat down on commander campers. Just because you don’t play a certain way doesn’t mean other people like too. Most people that stay at commander are just trying to save up a few thousand cookies for a high ss prestige round, and nothing it weong with that. Even if they do stay at commander, trust me, it gets boring. I can only save up to 20k cookies before being mz every round and just the repetitiveness gets to me. Commander camping was never really a problem before the prestige party” not blaming aj”. Right now, the people who participated are all becoming commanders around the same time. However, it is less and less. In around 2 weeks, the problem should be solved, and everything should go back to normal.