Dark Light v0.3.35 Alpha Feedback (Metroidvania Personal Project)

Like?

• Yay

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Agent40

Hey guys, so as some of you may know, for the past year I've been working on and off on a personal Project called Dark Light. It's a Metroidvania which is heavily inspired by the likes of Dark Souls and Hollow Knight that takes a lot of the key mechanics and concepts and throws them all together to make this. Now since Uni came around, I was unable to work on the project for about 8 months and have only just started to get back into it so I'm looking for Feedback about it's current state. As it says above, It's only in the early Alpha stages but I am still looking for some feedback outside of me just asking on the discord.

There are a lot of known issues and things I haven't even added yet so you'll have to bare with me but please report any bugs or glitches you find. Other than that, just let me know how you feel about the game as a whole ^-^

wQlEGR5.png

Link to Game:
- PC https://www.dropbox.com/s/560ghpryn69uwbg/Dark Light v0.3.35 Alpha.zip?dl=0
- Mac https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i0mthzuc6cx6v1/Dark Light v0.3.35 Alpha - Mac.app.zip?dl=0

Player:
- mid-animation hit reg soft locks animations
- health animation bugs out when hit or respawning
- Dashing doesn't always ignore damage
- Dashing while taking damage or while controls are locked softlocks the game and player animations

Menu:
- Fade in doesn't work for pause menu when quitting to menu
- Options don't exist for the pause menu
- Game refuses to let you use "LeftShift" and "RightShift" when changing the controls
- Keybindings don't save and don't change the controls

Enemies:
- Enemy AI doesn't exist
- Enemies jitter if bugged

Save System:
- lamp saving incorrectly and lamp loading broke
- Delete save doesn't work until you quit out of the game

p.s. If anyone wants more information on the project and story, just ask :3

Last edited: