Vampire Fly

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
I brought this up a while back, and since then, there have been changes made to help deal with the issues I mentioned. Verticality in maps is a big issue as it takes significantly longer to climb vertical maps (Downturn, Highrise, Abandon, etc), and a lot of these maps have seen changes to make this issue less prominent. Despite this, the game still is not in a state where Vampire fly should be out of the question. Its a low donor kit for a strong niche, which I think is good for the game. Instead of punishing players for going a kit, they should be rewarded by having strong benefits when they use it in the right situation. Take for instance, Magma Bear. Its base kit is weak and not the best, AoE fire is great, but not the best you can do. But in a small area, its one of the best kits in the game if not the best.

Against Commanders, Vamp will still be 3 shot and that won't change. But it helps spread the infection and make the pace of the game faster in a state where literally everyone camps the most boring spots. I played two games back to back, Skyloft and Highrise. On Highrise, people had to just log off to make the infection spread instead of actually playing the game. Instead of upping the MZ count, just making a kit that can help with the plethora of hiders (not fucking enderman) will help the game.

By no means does the kit need damage or armor or health buffs, just some MOVEMENT ability. A double jump is even fine, but I think bringing back flight like had would be great. Make it so they take fall damage too, so its more predictable, and they don't get any buffs out of leaving flight. I honestly think it will make people actually active while playing the game and make the meta shift from this boring state to something engaging.

Heres a link to my opinions on the matter 5 months ago (this is a more objective statement as I was staff at the time, but a lot of my concerns still stand)
https://forums.minecraft-infected.com/threads/bringing-back-flight-for-vampire.41/#post-309

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
Another solution is make infected progression actually useful. I was told to wait on nerfing maps for infected progression because it would help, but maps like Nuketown and Rust are impossible to win. Fix the fucking game please.