What is the meaning of your Minecraft username?

YungChrisx

I'm curious to know the story of your Minecraft username!

Mine isn't the most interesting but I'll start. The first time I used my username was Christmas 2016, when I got a PS4. I wanted to make a new username but couldn't think of anything creative so I just put Yung in front of my real name Chris, but it was taken. So I added an x, and got YungChrisx.

How about you?

Rockin

The first online game I ever played was MW3 on X-Box. This is where I first played infected. I named myself Cheese_Conqueror for some reason. I think I was about 12 and soon realized cheese had more than one meaning. The 2nd game I played was minecraft. The name RockinWithJazz randomly popped into my head because I'm quite music-orientated and I like rock. I later disliked this name because rock and jazz make no sense and I think it's just silly. I changed it to Rockin182 because my favourite band is Blink-182, but I didn't like that either because I never liked having numbers in my name. I realized Rokin was available and took it, pretty happy with it. I decided to come up with a kind of poetic, ironic oxymoron for other games: LuminousGloom.

Opower

So when I was 10 I played a lot of the Legend of Zelda games and all of my stuff was named "ocarinapower". When I was 13 I shortened it to 'Opower123" because I thought it was stupid.. Now I keep it so that people know how I am/I don't know any other clever names.

TeamPurple

bestfriend had bought the minecraft account before name changes where a thing decided he didnt like that name so he gave me the account and bought himself a new one which was named ElectricGrid and yeah ive basically stayed with TeamPurple ever since

Luke

uwu

For my actual name I use these days (LukeEmia_) it stems from me and a mate playing Fortnite (yes ik) back in 2017 where I was doing some toxic stuff and my friend goes 'you're actually cancer' and I reply 'nah, I'm leukaemia'. He said I should change my name for a joke (LukeEmia_ killed you) and since then it kind of stuck.

CommanderBox

Sr. Moderator
When I was young, I would often get upset and sad very easily, prompting me to go into the basement and hide inside various boxes either crying or playing my Game-Boy advance. This was my past self's way of being alone and meditating over and solving any problems I would have, since there was no one else I felt comfortable talking to. Eventually, as time passed I became more stable with my emotions. I guess you could say I took "command" over my emotions which were previously dealt with by hiding away in boxes. When it came time to create an online username for Black Ops 1 on the PS3, I chose "CommanderBox" for its fitting rank and representation of myself up until that point.

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
My IRL name is Arjun, so take out the r u and n and you get Aj. masteraj sounded pretty dope to me as a kid. I have no clue why I chose 12, all I remember is masteraj was taken, I just turned 11 a few weeks prior, and 24 is my favorite number. Ig its because I was turning 12? Or 2012 was about to happen? Idk, but what I know for certain is masteraj12 is better than masteraj. masteraj1024 is the only other name I'd use, or various other meme names.

npeters96

Head Builder
My IRL name is Arjun, so take out the r u and n and you get Aj. masteraj sounded pretty dope to me as a kid. I have no clue why I chose 12, all I remember is masteraj was taken, I just turned 11 a few weeks prior, and 24 is my favorite number. Ig its because I was turning 12? Or 2012 was about to happen? Idk, but what I know for certain is masteraj12 is better than masteraj. masteraj1024 is the only other name I'd use, or various other meme names.

oh it’s not maste + RAJ + 12?

lobsterc97

Builder
As a few people assume I'm born in 1997, the c in my name and "why lobster??", I guess this is a better time to also get this out there for people who don't already know the little truth behind the 'lobsterc97' username for those who don't already know.

So, I was playing Minecraft under a pirated version for a few years at school and home on good ol 1.2 , under the username "adzoiscool" As my real name is Adam and I thought Adzo sounded cool as a 10 year old kid and branded it on literally every single social media (my insides cringe for this one), I had a privately home run hamachi server running for offline Minecraft members to join, a friend of a friend named Corey (who in later years is also responsible for me playing OSU) joined my little weird creative server and messed around with me and after a short while found out I didn't actually own my own account so he offered his to me, his account name was lobsterc97.
I asked him what his name was supposed to mean.

In rough debrief: "lobster" stands for his last name "Lobb", " c" stands for his first name "Corey" and "97" is the year he was born but coincidentally it's also his motorbike racing number so it's placed for that.

He stopped using his Minecraft account and jumped on the league train as league started becoming huge so I was the only active person who used the account and had access to it.

Through another wild adventure I landed on ItsJerryandHarry, MCI and another aussie server, mci stuck with me and i played it for years. When i finally came around to having the opportunity to change the name to KingKongBOOYAA (my twitch, and name under everything now) I chose not to because nowadays, the main reason if not the only reason I play Minecraft is to play MCInfected and I want people to remember me for being lobsterc97 always, I'll always be open to change my name for shits and giggles but I'll never cut off from the original Lobster name, it's kinda just grown on me now.

That's me story , thanks for joining my TED talk

baseballaholic

My name is quite simple, as a child I really loved baseball so I added the “aholic” which in my mind means “addicted to” (no clue if that’s true or not). I added the 22 for my favorite baseball player Clayton Kershaw, which is his number. I later removed the 22 because I didn’t want numbers in my name.

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
My name is quite simple, as a child I really loved baseball so I added the “aholic” which in my mind means “addicted to” (no clue if that’s true or not). I added the 22 for my favorite baseball player Clayton Kershaw, which is his number. I later removed the 22 because I didn’t want numbers in my name.
baseballalcoholic22

Mew

originally my IGN was "MewTheDestroyer" because I wanted a cool Pokemon in my name and "TheDestroyer" sounded badass when I was 13 lol. later changed to "MewBby" because... it sounds better I guess

Paradoxi

Sr. Moderator
Are you sure the 22 wasn’t supposed to represent 100 - 88?

CREEPER__1

The reason I chose my name, CREEPER__1, is because that I sexually identify as a Minecraft creeper, also what’s more iconic about minecraft than the creeper? Ever since I was a child I dreamed of stalking people in the dead of the night, making an erotic hissing noise, and then spewing my particles all over them. People say to me that a person being a monster in a Swedish pixel game is impossible and I’m more autistic than people that still play Fortnite, but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a doctor fill me with gunpowder and implementing green and black pigments into my skin. From now on I want you guys to call me "Creepus Explodus” and respect my right to appear on retarded children's backpacks and sweaters. If you can’t accept me you’re a mob-phobe and need to check your entity privilege. Thank you all for being so understanding.

Oh and the __1 in my name is there because I was born in the year 1AD and CREEPER1 & CREEPER_1 were already taken.

Agent40

So mine is a bit of a weird one but honestly it stems down to a multitude of reasons and not just one. The prologue to this massive ass journey of trying to find a good username was that one of my friends in 2010 named Will had been talking about playing this game that had just come out recently and he kept trying to convince me to buy it. This game was of course Minecraft and honestly was the beginning of my PC gaming life as I had never really played a PC game let alone an online PC game before hand (only had ever played browser games, Flash Games, Cartoon Network Games, etc. Also Spore. I had played Spore. It doesn't count and Spore is a masterpiece). Eventually after being bugged for about a week straight and looking up what people had been able to do in the game, I was able to buy the game and obtained realistically my first ever PC game.

After I bought the game I of course had to create an account and choose a username. At the time I also didn't have an email so because of this, I had to create both at the same time. Will's username at the time was "Agent1" and I thought to myself, damn that's actually a pretty cool idea. Now there were a multitude of reasons why I thought this was cool, 1. It was a line of usernames that I could add onto as if It was a spy service (and yes I liked spy shit back then briefly), 2. It was pretty similar to my actual name, Aiden, and 3. I honestly didn't have any other ideas besides OG usernames which were already taken (my dumbass never checked if the username "Agent" was already in use.... It wasn't and I lost the chance at getting an account worth around $1200 (It's also currently owned by AgentKid also know as AgentK the Admin on Hypixel). After that I started going through all of my favourite numbers, first it was 4, then it was 7, then it was 9. At the time I thought I was going to get the username Agent9 but after I had already checked it's availability, I went to go create the email for the account which is Agent9@***************** which is my current main email address. Once I came back and pressed the create account button, the username had been taken within a 30 minute timespan. After that I went to my next favourite number at the time which was 40 and ofcourse ended up with the username Agent40. I was pretty bummed at the time due to the fact that my email didn't match up with my username but eventually, it stuck and I've been using it ever since.

Now there have been different variations of my usernames over the years and that includes Agent40infinity. At the time Agent40infinity was my handle for any platform I couldn't get my actual username on (due to the fact it was already taken). That's since changed and I use Agent40infinity less and less (as some might have seen, I got the account "Agent40" on twitch.tv now instead of Agent40infinity (I was able to change it due to the old account being inactive for over 3 years). Other usernames I've used online are KuolemaVida (Life and Death), AgnesFeuer (Holy Fire also this is only for Black Desert Online), 7, and just Agent (I managed to get the username for some games still).

So yea, that's the longer story of how my username came to be. Pretty mediocre, but still interesting never the less. Oh also as a side note, I never actually ended up playing with that friend because I wasn't allowed on any servers until around 2012/2013. My first two servers were zeta.oc.tc (EXTREMELY old server that no longer exists) as well as Lavacraft (EXTREMELY old server that got replaced by MC Central). After that I found Hypixel and Super Gaming through SkydoesMinecraft.

Anyway, sorry for the long read but yea, that's my story :3

It started probably about 11-12 years ago. I was making a webkinz account and had no idea what to put, my mom asked my what my favorite animal was, and at the time I said "turtle" so, she told my to use "Turtleguy", though Turtleguy was taken, so I had to use turtleguy00. '00 being the end numbers of 2000, my birth year. Since then minecraft came around, and I had used that name for most things. my sister was helping me create my minecraft account, and she decided instead of 00 we were going to use my graduation year. so after some poor math and guesstimating when my grad year was based off of her grad year and our age, we came up with 2019. So my name was then turtleguy2019. It all would have been fine, except, remember that poor math I mentioned? Turns out 2019 wasn't my grad year. It was actually 2018, a year sooner because I was started early in school and was a year ahead based off my age. Thankfully they then introduced name changes. So I quickly snatched up the Turtleguy2018. Sadly though I have lost access to the account. Not remembering my login info or even what email or anything I used for it. So I bought another account, and my new ign is Turtleguy2000, back to the roots of the '00 where it started. I used turtleguy for everything, though until recently where I've started to used the alias CubicBacon, which I got from Xbox's random username generation.

origami

I used to be really into origami as a kid. I'd watch YouTube every day to learn how to make something new. At one point, I had this origami calendar, which basically included daily instructions of something to make for the day. It was something that I really got into because of my grandma. The first thing I learned how to make was an inflatable ball. Since then, the passion just grew over time

I made my account when I was like 11, which was a prime time for my origami phase. I had just received a Minecraft account as a Christmas gift. I wanted something that sounded cool and had "origami" in it, so my cousin suggested "origamininja". Unfortunately, it was taken. After several tries, I finally landed on "theorigamininja1". I used this name variation for several games and eventually shortened it to what it is today for old time's sake. :)