Perk Suggestion: Spongy Skin

Spongy Skin is a new infected perk idea that gives the user a soft, undead skin which reduces the effect of survivor ranged weapons.

Cost: 1 Prestige Token
Attribute: When playing as an Infected, there is a 5% chance that survivor arrows deal half damage.
Attribute: When playing as an Infected, there is a 10% chance that survivor arrows deal half damage.
Attribute: When playing as an Infected, there is a 15% chance that survivor arrows deal half damage, and a 5% chance that survivor throwing knives deal half damage.
Attribute: When playing as an Infected, there is a 20% chance that survivor arrows deal half damage, a 10% chance that survivor throwing knives deal half damage, and a 5% chance that survivor ranged weapons deal no knockback.

The idea behind this perk is to provide infected players a boost in spreading the infection, without adding something too overpowered. This perk would be beneficial for spots where many survivors are prone to bowspamming and, sometimes, not allowing infected players to enjoy their aspect of the game.

I imagine this perk would be more interesting for late-game players, since I cannot see new players saving up tokens from their first two prestiges just to be a little better off against survivor bows and throwing knives. Also, players tend to go for survivor perks first. I think the item of representation for this perk, spongy skin, in the prestige shop is pretty obvious, it's the carrot.

... Just kidding, it's the sponge.

Feel free to leave any suggestions or thoughts! The purpose of this post was not solely to introduce this perk, but also to give you guys more ideas and suggestions for adding new changes to the game for the better!

Agent40

Personally I feel like adding Kevlar Vest back into the game and making it universal for both survivors and infected would be a better solution. This would mean that straight damage reduction would be applied instead of there being a chance to receive a 50% damage reduction (Proposed Kevlar rn is what the original value was, so around 33%). Idk though, I do like this idea particularly for the fact that Infected have no real defense against arrows which in itself is a good and bad thing depending on what type of infected you're facing while at the same time knowing that a lot of people will pass this off as a useless perk due to the fact It's only for Infected and is a chance instead of absolute damage reduction.

Erupture

Personally I feel like adding Kevlar Vest back into the game and making it universal for both survivors and infected would be a better solution. This would mean that straight damage reduction would be applied instead of there being a chance to receive a 50% damage reduction (Proposed Kevlar rn is what the original value was, so around 33%). Idk though, I do like this idea particularly for the fact that Infected have no real defense against arrows which in itself is a good and bad thing depending on what type of infected you're facing while at the same time knowing that a lot of people will pass this off as a useless perk due to the fact It's only for Infected and is a chance instead of absolute damage reduction.
i agree with agent. i also want my shiny chest plate lol

Neat idea!

One thing I'd stay away from is "nerfing" throwing knives with an infected perk. Having your new fancy prestige perk do way worse cause a zombie has spongey skin would be disheartening for sure.

As for the interaction with arrows, it seems cool!

Piglord

Kevlar Vest
It was the first post on suggestions. I've wanted this for a while now, and I think the community does as well