vegans are smarter than meat eaters

vegans are morally superior

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellilliv

okay, not all vegans

but i am bored and feel like arguing about why veganism will always be the more intelligent, ethical, healthier and environmentally friendly choice.
please tell me why i'm wrong :3

pig.jpg

CommanderBox

Sr. Moderator
Morality is not really something that can be decided by a few folks on the internet, rather it is something each of us have within ourselves that drives our decision-making. Ethics are built off the principles of our morals, as "ethics" in dumb-mans terms is "morals for a whole business." So whether or not something is "ethically good" is completely up for debate since everyone has different morals regarding animals. It's like another branch of philosophy, which most people do not go on the internet to discuss.

Down to the meat and potatoes of this post though, pun intended -
Is veganism more healthy? Probably.
Is it better for the environment? Definitely.
Is it overall superior? Probably - The problem though, is that the large majority of vegans who believe it is superior, have a superiority complex going on, which frankly makes anyone who is NOT vegan, NOT want to BECOME vegan.

What do I know though? I'm just a square dude in a suit.

A very vocal minority of the vegan community is way too uppity and self-righteous, and it turns people off.
There needs to be a way for people to slowly phase meat out and embrace a more plant-based diet without being branded as morally reprehensible if they ever have eaten a tiny piece of meat in their lives.
It's also not viable for everyone to make that switch, many people have health and economic concerns that prevent them from doing so, and it makes me sad to see vegans talk shit to those people just to make themselves feel more superior.

Overall, yeah it's way better to be vegan, but a few vegans have been trying their very hardest to make it an exclusive club.

Source: Am vegan, know vegans, spend a lot of time around vegans :p

CREEPER__1

Laugh at the funny
136.jpg

l-21366-this-is-the-future-vegans-want.jpg

ellilliv

Morality is not really something that can be decided by a few folks on the internet, rather it is something each of us have within ourselves that drives our decision-making. Ethics are built off the principles of our morals, as "ethics" in dumb-mans terms is "morals for a whole business." So whether or not something is "ethically good" is completely up for debate since everyone has different morals regarding animals. It's like another branch of philosophy, which most people do not go on the internet to discuss.

Down to the meat and potatoes of this post though, pun intended -
Is veganism more healthy? Probably.
Is it better for the environment? Definitely.
Is it overall superior? Probably - The problem though, is that the large majority of vegans who believe it is superior, have a superiority complex going on, which frankly makes anyone who is NOT vegan, NOT want to BECOME vegan.

What do I know though? I'm just a square dude in a suit.

I am 100% sure that it is not morally right to kill animals unnecessarily. So that is not up for debate. Vegans are morally superior, unless there is a necessity, which there isn't in our western world with grocery stores around every corner. I know you agree with me on this, @CommanderBox , we have discussed it privately many times so I don't know why you're saying it like that, lol.

@AshlynSwitch glad to see another vegan, woo! :3 While a lot of vegans are super militant even with genuine reasons not to go vegan, that is not really the point of my post. My point is that vegans are morally superior over meat-eaters and vegetarians because of the several reasons to choose a vegan lifestyle, such as animal welfare, environmental reasons and health reasons. A small amount of people in the western world has a genuine reason to not go vegan.

@Aj ツ If you're so smart, why haven't you gone vegan yet? It is not very smart to purposefully contribute to an industry that pollutes and destroys our oceans and landmass more than any other industry combined. It is not very smart to contribute to an industry that factory farms and murders and tortures sentient animals in the most horrid ways imaginable, that objectifies them to the point of just being a "burger" or "bacon". It is not very smart to contribute to an industry and system that legitimately exploits people's health for billions of dollars each year, because they make money of people getting sick from their diet.
Not very smart if you ask me. o_O
Want sources? I'll provide it if needed.

@CREEPER__1 CkM28iRXIAAT-1n.jpg

@Icey YOU DON'T COUNT

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
I am 100% sure that it is not morally right to kill animals unnecessarily. So that is not up for debate. Vegans are morally superior, unless there is a necessity, which there isn't in our western world with grocery stores around every corner. I know you agree with me on this, @CommanderBox , we have discussed it privately many times so I don't know why you're saying it like that, lol.

@AshlynSwitch glad to see another vegan, woo! :3 While a lot of vegans are super militant even with genuine reasons not to go vegan, that is not really the point of my post. My point is that vegans are morally superior over meat-eaters and vegetarians because of the several reasons to choose a vegan lifestyle, such as animal welfare, environmental reasons and health reasons. A small amount of people in the western world has a genuine reason to not go vegan.

@Aj ツ If you're so smart, why haven't you gone vegan yet? It is not very smart to purposefully contribute to an industry that pollutes and destroys our oceans and landmass more than any other industry combined. It is not very smart to contribute to an industry that factory farms and murders and tortures sentient animals in the most horrid ways imaginable, that objectifies them to the point of just being a "burger" or "bacon". It is not very smart to contribute to an industry and system that legitimately exploits people's health for billions of dollars each year, because they make money of people getting sick from their diet.
Not very smart if you ask me. o_O
Want sources? I'll provide it if needed.

@CREEPER__1 View attachment 96

@Icey YOU DON'T COUNT
Meat is tasty and Im not an environmentalist. My priorities lie elsewhere, world wont be dead by the time I die.

CommanderBox

Sr. Moderator

I'm saying it like that because that's how it is. Morals are something held by the individual, so while I may agree with you that it is wrong to pointlessly kill animals, it is not "morally superior" because there is no such thing as moral superiority. The point I was making was to show that pushing veganism on people with claims of "moral superiority" and that they are "inferior in all ways" won't get anyone to agree.

(Unfortunately people who do this are the most vocal of the vegans, as stated by Ashlyn - I reckon most of them are nice people, but it's not like anyone sees that).

ellilliv

I agree i have been vegan for over a year! ! ! !

@ellilliv @AshlynSwitch the vegan mci club

♥♥♥♥♥!!!! thank you from the animals and the environment ♥

@Aj ツ Your priorities are dumb and not smart for the environment and the animals that have to suffer because of you. Your priorities goes toward paying for animal abuse and environmental destruction because hahah bacon. YOU might not suffer, but it is incredibly selfish and idiotic to put that suffering on OTHER beings for no good reason. I am sure you love animals, and if it happened to dogs or, hell, even if it happened to pigs, right in front of you, you wouldn't want to condone it. Your priorities are stupid and selfish and ignorant towards the animals that have to suffer for your taste buds and 10-minute meal. Your 10-minute meal you forget the next day is their whole life. Imagine thinking so low of other beings on this earth. That is embarressing for you to admit.

@CommanderBox (nvm, i was wrong.) ACTUALLY, it is still morally superior. change my mind :)

Last edited:

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
♥♥♥♥♥!!!! thank you from the animals and the environment ♥

@Aj ツ Your priorities are dumb and not smart for the environment and the animals that have to suffer because of you. Your priorities goes toward paying for animal abuse and environmental destruction because hahah bacon. YOU might not suffer, but it is incredibly selfish and idiotic to put that suffering on OTHER beings for no good reason. I am sure you love animals, and if it happened to dogs or, hell, even if it happened to pigs, right in front of you, you wouldn't want to condone it. Your priorities are stupid and selfish and ignorant towards the animals that have to suffer for your taste buds and 10-minute meal. Your 10-minute meal you forget the next day is their whole life. Imagine thinking so low of other beings on this earth. That is embarressing for you to admit.

@CommanderBox (nvm, i was wrong.) ACTUALLY, it is still morally superior. change my mind :)
So we should stop predatory animals from killing other animals and domestic every animal? You're messing with natural balance, its kill or be killed. Top of the food chain, live with it.

ellilliv

So we should stop predatory animals from killing other animals and domestic every animal? You're messing with natural balance, its kill or be killed. Top of the food chain, live with it.

What natural balance? There is nothing about natural balance when it comes to PURPOSEFULLY factory farming pigs, sheep, cows and chickens by the BILLIONS in cramped spaces where they live in their own poop and pee. In fact, the animal agriculture is DESTROYING the natural balance, which then slides into the environmental aspect of veganism, which you say you don't care about...? Being "on top of the food chain", doesn't make it okay to factory farm animals by the billions and destroying the environment and natural balance, just because you want your stupid cheeseburger. YOU are messing with the natural balance. The animals we breed nowadays aren't even part of any natural balance or nature anymore, because they've been so genetically modified to fit the high demand from the consumers. Stop paying for their death, they will stop being bred, and they will stop existing overall because they don't fit in anymore.
Wild animals are WILD and FREE. There is a HUGE difference to factory farmed animals. We as humans, especially in our western and modern world, DO NOT NEED ANIMAL PRODUCTS TO SURVIVE. We have no excuse, unless someone live in like a remote area in Alaska or whatever. I thought you said you are smarter than most people, but you don't even know what natural balance is.

Aj ツ

Sr. Moderator
What natural balance? There is nothing about natural balance when it comes to PURPOSEFULLY factory farming pigs, sheep, cows and chickens by the BILLIONS in cramped spaces where they live in their own poop and pee. In fact, the animal agriculture is DESTROYING the natural balance, which then slides into the environmental aspect of veganism, which you say you don't care about...? Being "on top of the food chain", doesn't make it okay to factory farm animals by the billions and destroying the environment and natural balance, just because you want your stupid cheeseburger. YOU are messing with the natural balance. The animals we breed nowadays aren't even part of any natural balance or nature anymore, because they've been so genetically modified to fit the high demand from the consumers. Stop paying for their death, they will stop being bred, and they will stop existing overall because they don't fit in anymore.
Wild animals are WILD and FREE. There is a HUGE difference to factory farmed animals. We as humans, especially in our western and modern world, DO NOT NEED ANIMAL PRODUCTS TO SURVIVE. We have no excuse, unless someone live in like a remote area in Alaska or whatever. I thought you said you are smarter than most people, but you don't even know what natural balance is.
I mean I've been baiting you this whole time, to quote something I messaged in a DM:
f82be34e5eb9ff88fca7b559bc8c49a6.png

So yeah, I think I am pretty smart.

ellilliv

I mean I've been baiting you this whole time, to quote something I messaged in a DM:
f82be34e5eb9ff88fca7b559bc8c49a6.png

So yeah, I think I am pretty smart.
Didn't seem like "trolling" LOL. I think you now proceeded to disguise it as such because you started coming with hypocritical statements and are backing off before it gets worse. A private DM isn't really proof lel, could just be you being embarrassed and saying you were trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.